How do I play PC games with a USB controller? To open the Set up USB game controllers utility in Windows, follow the steps below. Press the Windows key , type game controller, and then click the Set up USB game controllers option. Click the name of the joystick or gamepad you want to test and click the Properties button or link.
How do I fix the gamepad USB controller problem in all PC games?
- Download the latest gamepad driver.
- Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Unplug other devices.
- Prevent the computer from automatically turning off plugged devices.
- Disable your gamepad.
- Change your power plan settings.
- Install generic USB hub drivers.
How do I play all PC games with controller?
Can you play most games on PC with a controller? Most games, though, play best with some form of dedicated controller. That’s why every major game console comes with a gamepad or two, and why they all can be connected to your PC with some tinkering.